Dr. Razavi recommends that you brush your teeth at least twice per day and floss daily. This helps prevent tooth decay, periodontal disease, and other oral health issues.
There are additional ways to help keep teeth strong and healthy. Toothpastes and mouth rinses with fluoride are available over-the-counter. Eating a balanced diet and limiting sugary snacks can also contribute to good oral health.
During a dental cleaning, you’ll receive diagnostic and preventive services from Dr. Razavi and her team, as well as any needed educational information.
Diagnostic services may include:
- Reviewing and updating medical history, including information about heart problems, pregnancy, diabetes and medications, which may have an impact on your oral health.
- Oral cancer examination and screening
- Evaluation of gum tissue
- Checking biting, chewing and swallowing patterns
- X-rays or examination of teeth to detect decay
- Referral to specialists for specific treatment